Andrés Edwards keynotes conferences
and teaches seminars and classes on topics including: the characteristics
of the global movement towards sustainability; green building; sustainable
business practices and greening college campuses. Andres has frequently appeared in radio and
television shows, and newspaper articles for his work in the sustainability
field. To schedule an interview, see the Contact section
of this site.
- Panelist: "Educating Students to be Global Citizens" (1 hr. 15 min.)
April 4, 2016
Andrés participates on a panel discussion at the University of Colorado at Boulder 68th Annual Conference on World Affairs with Vivian Onano and Andrea Polli. He discusses global citizenship initiatives and answers questions in Q/A section.
- Panelist: "Rethinking Attitudes Toward Sustainability" (1 hr. 19 min.)
April 5, 2016
Andrés participates on a panel discussion at the University of Colorado at Boulder 68th Annual Conference on World Affairs with Peter Frumhoff, Matthew Nelson and Andres Pollii. He discusses the role of consciousness, creativity, compassion and connection in sustainability and answers questions in Q/A section.
- Panelist: "Happiness" (1 hr. 6 min.)
April 6, 2016
Andrés participates on a panel discussion at the University of Colorado at Boulder 68th Annual Conference on World Affairs with Wendy Lustbader, Ty Tashiro, and Ernie Watts. He discusses the role of happiness in our lives and answers questions in Q/A section.
- Panelist: "The Importance of Mindfulness" (1 hr. 19 min.)
April 7, 2016
Andrés participates on a panel discussion at the University of Colorado at Boulder 68th Annual Conference on World Affairs with Damaris Maria Grossmann, Ernie Watts and David Wilcox. He discusses the role of mindfulness and answers questions in Q/A section.
- Co-host/panelist, "Thriving Communities" teleseminar at The Spring of Sustainability Series, by The Shift Network in partnership with Sustainable World Coalition (April 28, 2012). Produced, Co-hosted (with Larry Tackett) and participated as a panelist in a one day teleseminar event describing the context, best practices and actions involved in creating thriving communities. Panelists included: Vandana Shiva, Sobonfu Some, Jeff Vander Clute, Claude Lowenz, Michale Lewis, Tina Clarke, J. Manuel Herrera, Charles Eisentein and Michelle Long among others.
- Moderator/speaker, "Unleashing the Entrepreneurial Spirit in the New Economy," at The Bioneers conference, (1 hr. 29 min.), San Rafael , CA (Ocober 17, 2010). Panelists include Adam Davis, President of Salano Partners, a consulting firm focused on environmental investment, Michele McGeoy, founder and Executive Director of Solar Richmond, providing green-collar jobs, clean energy and economic opportunity and Jeff Marcus, Communications Director at Ecospan, a bioplastics firm revolutionizing the plastics industry with products made from 100% renewable materials.
- Invited speaker, "Thriving Beyond Sustainability," at Book Passage, (42 min. 4 sec.), Corte Madera, CA (September 21, 2010). Overview of the background and main themes and topics covered in Thriving Beyond Sustainability. Includes examples from author's professional projects and initiatives from around the world.
speaker on “The Opportunity:
How Can Designers, Builders & Civic Leaders Grow the Green Building
Sector and Establish Marin as a Hub for Sustainable
Business?”, (22 min.. 33 sec.)
The 2006 Marin Jobs Summit, Greenbrae, California (March 30, 2006). Discussion on sustainability education needed for the green economy.
- Invited speaker on The Sustainability
Revolution (1 hr. 18 min.),at Green Fusion Design Center, San Anselmo, California
(March 16, 2006). Overview of sustainability concepts and ways of implementing practices in the new economy.
The videos marked with below are in Quicktime format. If you do not have the Quicktime
player installed, please visit this
- Conversation on Compassion at Stanford University's Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE) (1 hr. 23 min.)
May 24, 2016
Andrés is interviewed by Dr. James Doty, Director and Founder of Stanford University's Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE) about his life's work and the bridges between sustainability, compassion, leadership and activism. The conversation is followed by a Q/A session.
- Panelist at University of Colorado's 68th Conference on World Affairs (45 min.)
April 8, 2016
Andrés participates on a panel discussion with Gregory Bowles, Michael Elliott and Judith Morrison on "Sustainable Development is not a Pipedream." (5715). He discusses development issues in Patagonia and answers questions in Q/A section.
- Book Signing and Talk: The Heart of Sustainability (45 min.)
February 27, 2016
Andrés does a talk and book signing for The Heart of Sustainabilityat Book Passage book store in Corte Madera, CA. He discusses the evolution of The Heart of Sustainability from his previous two book, Thriving Beyond Sustainability and The Sustainability Revolutiuon. The talk includes the human connection to nature and the role of leadership and activism.
- Book Signing and Talk: Trhiving Beyond Sustainability (5 min.)
June 8, 2010
Andrés does a book signing and talk at General Graphics Exhibits in San Francisco, CA. He discusses the origin of Thriving Beyond Sustainability and topics including regenerative design, green building and examples of sustainable practices initiatives taking place in the US and internationally.
- 2008 Sokol Science Forum
March 12, 2008
Andrés is an invited lecturer and panelist at: "The Environment and Sustainability, the Next 100 Years," at Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ. Event is keynoted by Michael Oppenheimer, Ph.D., a member of the Nobel Peace Prize-winning Intergovernmental Committee on Climate Change (IPCC) and professor at Princeton University, and moderated by National Public Radio's Ira Flatow. Additional panelists include, Lisa P. Jackson, comissioner, New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) and Eric Svenson, VP health and Safety, PSEG Services Corp. Individual video segments:
- Making the link between climate and our daily activities
- California energy incentives
- No one considers this a real crisis
- Our greatesty resource is our imagination
- How to engage citizens
- The Turning Point Conference
Andrés presents at The Turning Point Conference in San Francisco, California
organized by the San Francisco Institute of Architecture on July 14, 2006. This
presentation covers key trends and initiatives in the movement towards sustainability
including green architecture.
Feature article, “Today's Tomorrow: At 20, the Bioneers conference celebrates art, knowledge and community”
North Bay Bohemian (weekly), October 13-19, 2010.
Feature article, “Beyond Sustainability: It takes more than growth and development for an economy or an ecosystem to flourish—it takes resilience”
Ode Magazine (monthly), September, 2010.
feature article, “Color of Money: Eco-revolutionary
Andrés Edwards Explains Why Sustainability is Good for Business,”
Bay Bohemian (weekly), June 21, 2006.
feature article, “The Coming Revolution?”
Pacific Sun (weekly), April 21, 2006.
|"According to Edwards, a growing number of businesspeople are finally embracing the belief that being good to the environment is good for the bottom line..."